Our calling is to respond to the gospel of God’s love in Christ and to live out its discipleship, through Worship, Learning and Caring, Service and Evangelism.
Rev John Ritson: “We are a lively Christian Church in the high street in the village of Otford and would like to offer a warm welcome to any visitors. Our great aim is to help people grow in faith in Jesus Christ, whether they already know a lot or virtually nothing about Christianity. If you are looking for somewhere to find God’s truth and nothing but the truth, plus the fellowship of a Church family, then please visit us soon.”
The first Methodist chapel in Otford was built in 1800, its replacement was opened in 1935 and was used until it was demolished and replaced by our new larger church in 2017. There is also a Halls complex (opened in 2007) that is used not only by the church but also by the local community.
Otford Methodist Church is a member of The Methodist Church of Great Britain